The Official CompTIA Security+ Self-Paced Study Guide (Exam SY0-601) eBook
Designed for self-paced learners, this book covers all the latest Security+ (SY0-601) exam objectives and is packed with informative and accessible content. Includes the following:
- Content aligned to work in the real world - Lessons refer to functional areas within the job role while Topics relate to discrete job tasks
- Review questions at the end of each topic to confirm understanding
- Comprehensive glossary with important terms and acronyms
What you’ll learn
The Official CompTIA Security+ Study Guide (SY0-601) has been developed by CompTIA for the CompTIA certification candidate. Rigorously evaluated by third party subject matter experts to validate adequate coverage of the Security+ exam objectives, the Official CompTIA Security+ Study Guide teaches the essential skills and information required for the CompTIA certification exam (SY0-601).
After reading the text you will be able to:
- Compare Security Roles and Security Controls
- Explain Threat Actors and Threat Intelligence
- Perform Security Assessments
- Identify Social Engineering and Malware
- Summarize Basic Cryptographic Concepts
- Implement Public Key Infrastructure
- Implement Authentication Controls
- Implement Identity and Account Management Controls
- Implement Secure Network Designs
- Implement Network Security Appliances
- Implement Secure Network Protocols
- Implement Host Security Solutions
- Implement Secure Mobile Solutions
- Summarize Secure Application Concepts
- Implement Secure Cloud Solutions
- Explain Data Privacy and Protection Concepts
- Perform Incident Response
- Explain Digital Forensics
- Summarize Risk Management Concepts
- Implement Cybersecurity Resilience
- Explain Physical Security
Accessing the eBook
eBooks are delivered through the Official CompTIA Self-Paced Study Guide eReader. This platform gives browser-based access to the full content with bookmarking, search, and annotation features. You will receive an access key and full instructions for accessing the platform within 3-4 hours of purchase.
Pub. Date: 2020-11-12
Author(s): James Pengelly
About CompTIA Security+
CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills necessary to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
- More choose Security+ - chosen by more corporations and defense organizations than any other certification on the market to validate baseline security skills and for fulfilling the DoD 8570 compliance.
- Security+ proves hands-on skills – the only baseline cybersecurity certification emphasizing hands-on practical skills, ensuring the security professional is better prepared to problem solve a wider variety of today’s complex issues.
- More job roles turn to Security+ to supplement skills – baseline cybersecurity skills are applicable across more of today’s job roles to secure systems, software and hardware.
- Security+ is aligned to the latest trends and techniques – covering the most core technical skills in risk assessment and management, incident response, forensics, enterprise networks, hybrid/cloud operations, and security controls, ensuring high-performance on the job.
For the latest Security+ exam information regarding availability, version and pending retirement, please visit comptia.org/security