CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) Live Online Training Bundle (February 17th – 28th, 2020)
Exam Voucher Details
- Vouchers are non-refundable and non-returnable.
- One voucher is applicable towards one exam at an authorized CompTIA Test Service Provider.
- All vouchers, including any retakes, are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase unless otherwise noted.
- You must register and take your exam prior to the voucher expiration date.
- Voucher expiration dates cannot be extended under any circumstances.
- Certification exam retirement dates supersede voucher expiration dates. CompTIA may retire certifications and corresponding exams prior to voucher expiration dates.
- Visit the CompTIA website for certificationexam information, including exam launch and retirement dates.
- Vouchers are country and currency restricted.
Exam Retake Details
- For voucher purchases that include a retake, if you fail the exam on your first attempt use the same voucher to register and retake the exam.
- All vouchers, including any retakes, expire 12 months from the date of purchase, unless otherwise noted.
- The retake is only valid for the same exam version that you failed. You cannot use the retake for a different version of the exam.
Additional Order Information
- Order information will be emailed within 3 - 4 hours from purchase.
- You will receive two emails. The first email will be your order confirmation and the second email will include your exam voucher, the voucher expiration date and voucher terms and conditions. Check your spam, junk and promotional folders.
Redeeming Your Voucher
Date: Monday thru Friday February 17th – 28th, 2020
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. CST
What is CompTIA Live Online Training
With all the comfort and flexibility of an online environment, Live Online Training with a CompTIA instructor simulates the traditional classroom learning experience by allowing two-way communication, allowing you to ask questions and participate in discussions.
CompTIA Live Online Training classes are led by highly qualified CompTIA instructors. Each instructor holds the certification being taught and has real-world IT experience. CompTIA instructors follow industry-standard IT training best practices to get results; at the end of your session, you'll be trained on everything you need to know to pass your CompTIA certification exam.Live Online Training Computer Requirements
- Internet access with a minimum of 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload speeds. 20 Mbps download and 2 Mbps upload speed or higher are recommended
- A pair of comfortable headphones and a microphone compatible with your computer is recommended for voice chat
- Computer with a minimum of the following:
- Windows: 1.4 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or faster processor (or equivalent), Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit) or Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), 512 MB of RAM (1 GB recommended), Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or later, Windows Edge browser, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome
- Mac OS: 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo or faster processor, 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended), Mac OS X 10.11, 10.12 and 10.13, Browser: Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome
- Linux: Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, No application support is available for Linux. Users on Linux can attend meetings in a browser: Google Chrome, Adobe Flash Player 23.0
Once you complete your purchase, you will be sent details via email with further instructions.
What is CertMaster Practice?
CompTIA CertMaster Practice is an online knowledge assessment and training companion tool to help you prepare for your CompTIA certification exam. Featuring an adaptive question-first design, CertMaster Practice quickly assesses what you already know and what you still need to learn. For those topics where you need more support, CertMaster Practice provides personalized remediation and feedback. Once you’re ready, you can demonstrate your knowledge on a timed practice test complete with performance-based questions.
- Speed-up learning
- Increase retention
- Build confidence
Module 1: Threats, Attacks and Vulnerabilities
Module 2: Technologies and Tools
Module 3: Architecture and Design
Module 4: Identity and Access Management
Module 5: Risk Management
Module 6: Cryptography and PKI
- One CompTIA CertMaster Practice for Security+ (SY0-501) license
- Once activated, CertMaster Practice for Security+ (SY0-501) is valid for 12 months
How to Access CertMaster Practice
An access key and instructions will be sent after your purchase is complete.
You may then login anytime at https://www.comptia.org/training/certmaster-practice/login
What you’ll learn
CompTIA Labs hosted by Learn on Demand Systems allow students to learn in actual software applications through a remote lab environment. The labs in the 2019 Update align with the hands-on Activities in The Official CompTIA Instructor and Student Guides and allow students to practice what they are learning using real, hands-on experiences. Students have access to the software environment for 6 months after they redeem their access key, providing a fantastic resource for students to practice their skills.
Exploring the Lab Environment
Determining Malware Types
Performing Network Scanning with Software Tools
Analyzing Network Traffic with Packet Sniffing Software Tools
Concealing Data with Steganography Tools
Identifying Vulnerabilities with Scanning Software Tools
Implementing Certificate Services
Deploying Certificates and Implementing Key Recovery
Cracking Passwords using Software Tools
Managing Accounts in a Windows Domain
Implementing a Secure Network Design
Installing and Configuring a Firewall
Installing and Configuring an Intrusion Detection System
Implementing Secure Network Addressing Services
Implementing a Virtual Private Network
Installing and Configuring a Secure Email Service
Using Forensic Tools
Identifying a Man-in-the-Browser Attack
How to Access
A training key and registration instructions will be sent via email after your purchase is complete.
- Content mapped to Security+ (SY0-501) exam objectives
- Hands-on Activities designed to put knowledge into practice
- Videos developed exclusively for CompTIA by ITProTV
- Assessments that check for understanding
- PowerPoint slides
- Access to CompTIA CHOICE, a digital learning platform
What you’ll learn
Updated to reflect input from instructors across the world, the 2019 Update of The Official CompTIA Security+ Student Guide combines market leading content with the latest in instructional design principles and learning techniques. A reorganized presentation of the content is combined with additional assessment, scenario-based exercises, and videos from ITProTV to deliver an integrated solution for classroom instruction.
Rigorously evaluated to ensure that the content meets the CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 exam objectives, The Official CompTIA Security+ Student Guide helps students build on knowledge of and professional experience with security fundamentals, networks and organizational security and gain the skills required to implement basic security services on any type of computer network.
Accessing the Course Materials
An access key and instructions for accessing CompTIA CHOICE, the platform through which the eBook and all digital materials as described above are delivered, are emailed within 3-4 hours of purchase. The eBook is provided in an interactive online version, along with secure PDF and downloadable versions.
Pub. Date: 2019-07-15
Author(s): James Pengelly
Table of Contents
Lesson 1: Comparing and Contrasting Attacks
Lesson 2: Comparing and Contrasting Security Controls
Lesson 3: Assessing Security Posture with Software Tools
Lesson 4: Explaining Basic Cryptography Concepts
Lesson 5: Implementing a Public Key Infrastructure
Lesson 6: Implementing Identity and Access Management Controls
Lesson 7: Managing Access Services and Accounts
Lesson 8: Implementing a Secure Network Architecture
Lesson 9: Installing and Configuring Security Appliances
Lesson 10: Installing and Configuring Wireless and Physical Access Security
Lesson 11: Deploying Secure Host, Mobile, and Embedded Systems
Lesson 12: Implementing Secure Network Access Protocols
Lesson 13: Implementing Secure Network Applications
Lesson 14: Explaining Risk Management and Disaster Recovery Concepts
Lesson 15: Summarizing Secure Application Development Concepts
Lesson 16: Explaining Organizational Security Concepts
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-501)
About CompTIA Security+
CompTIA Security+ is an international, vendor-neutral certification that validates the baseline skills necessary to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
No other certification that assesses baseline cybersecurity skills has performance-based questions on the exam. Security+ emphasizes hands-on practical skills, ensuring the security professional is better prepared to problem solve a wider variety of issues.
More choose Security+ for DoD 8570 compliance than any other certification because it focuses on the latest trends and techniques in risk management, risk mitigation, threat management and intrusion detection.
For the latest Security+ exam information regarding availability, version and pending retirement, please visit https://www.comptia.org/certifications/security