CompTIA Linux+ (XK0-004) Premier Labs Bundle
Exam Voucher Details
- Vouchers are non-refundable and non-returnable.
- One voucher is applicable towards one exam at an authorized CompTIA Test Service Provider.
- All vouchers, including any retakes, are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase unless otherwise noted.
- You must register and take your exam prior to the voucher expiration date.
- Voucher expiration dates cannot be extended under any circumstances.
- Certification exam retirement dates supersede voucher expiration dates. CompTIA may retire certifications and corresponding exams prior to voucher expiration dates.
- Visit the CompTIA website for certification exam information, including exam launch and retirement dates.
- Vouchers are country and currency restricted.
Exam Retake Details
- For voucher purchases that include a retake, if you fail the exam on your first attempt use the same voucher to register and retake the exam.
- All vouchers, including any retakes, expire 12 months from the date of purchase, unless otherwise noted.
- The retake is only valid for the same exam version that you failed. You cannot use the retake for a different version of the exam.
Additional Order Information
- Order information will be emailed within 3 - 4 hours from purchase.
- You will receive two emails. The first email will be your order confirmation and the second email will include your exam voucher, the voucher expiration date and voucher terms and conditions. Check your spam, junk and promotional folders.
Redeeming Your Voucher
What is CertMaster Practice?
CompTIA CertMaster Practice is an online companion tool to help you prepare for your CompTIA certification exam. Featuring an adaptive question-first design, CertMaster Practice quickly assesses what you already know and what you still need to learn. Once you’re ready, you can demonstrate your knowledge on a timed practice test complete with performance-based questions. For those topics where you need more support, CertMaster Practice provides personalized remediation and feedback.
- Speed-up learning
- Increase retention
- Build confidence
- One CompTIA CertMaster Practice for Linux+ (XK0-004) license
- Once activated, CertMaster Practice for Linux+ (XK0-004) is valid for 12 months
How to Access CertMaster Practice
An access code and instructions will be sent after your purchase is complete.
You may then login anytime at https://certification.comptia.org/training/CertMaster/login
What is CertMaster Learn?
CompTIA CertMaster Learn for Linux+ (XK0-004) is a comprehensive eLearning environment that combines instructional lessons with assessments, integrated videos, and performance-based questions to prepare candidates for the CompTIA Linux+ certification exam. Interactive and self-paced, CertMaster Learn is the ideal first step in your training journey and is flexible enough to be used on any device anywhere an internet connection is available. A personalized learning plan helps you stay on track with your studies while robust analytics bring awareness of your strengths and weaknesses, so each study session is efficient and focused on helping you acquire knowledge, gain practical skills, and achieve the confidence needed to succeed on the exam and in your IT career.
- Engage in the content
- Increase retention
- Build confidence
- One CompTIA CertMaster Learn for Linux+ (XK0-004) license
- Once activated, CertMaster Learn for Linux+ (XK0-004) is valid for 12 months
How to Access CertMaster Learn
Registration instructions will be sent via email after your purchase is complete.
You may then login anytime at https://learn.comptia.org/login
What you’ll learn
The CompTIA CertMaster Labs for Linux+ will provide you with the necessary platform to gain hands on skills in Linux operating systems. By completing the lab tasks you will improve your practical skills in configuring, monitoring and supporting servers running the Linux OS, applying/acquiring the appropriate permissions and ownership, summarizing best practices, analyzing and troubleshooting issues within Linux and deploying and executing scripts.
Within the Labs, hosted platforms are configured to imitate real-world configurations by providing sufficient hardware to carry out tasks and test the impact of those changes. From the browser you gain administrative access to the relevant devices giving you complete control to carry out your own configurations or follow the lab guides to configure specific technologies that are required for the exam.
For system requirements please visit: https://www.practice-labs.com/support/#/userguide/system-requirements
- Design Hard Disk Layout
- Create Partitions and Filesystems
- Using Various Disk Management Tools
- Working with Kernel, Boot Modules, and Files
- Working with Relative and Absolute Paths
- Work with the Flow Control Constructs
- Control Mounting and Unmounting of Filesystems
- View the Hard Drive Details
- Check and Repair Filesystems
- Using RPM and YUM Package Management
- Using Debian Package Management
- Using Repositories
- Managing User and Group Accounts and Related System Files
- Run User Level Queries
- Managing Disk Quotas
- Working with Bash Profiles and Bash Scripts
- Setup Host Security
- Perform Basic File Editing Operations Using vi
- Search Text Files using Regular Expressions
- Using Shell Input and Output Redirections
- Install and Configure a Web Server
- Performing Basic File Management
- Amending Hard and Symbolic Links
- Find System Files and Place Files in the Correct Location
- Use Systemctl and update-rc.d Utility to Manage Services
- Configuring Host Names
- Change Runlevels and Shutdown or Reboot System
- Maintain System Time
- Configure Client Side DNS
- Configure System Logging
- Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) Basics
- Automate System Administration Tasks by Scheduling Jobs
- Create, Monitor and Kill Processes
- Manage Printers and Printing
- Manage File Permissions and Ownership
- Perform Security Administration Tasks
- Working with Access Control List
- Configure SELinux
- Maintain the Integrity of Filesystems
- Work with Pluggable Authentication Modules (PAM)
- Secure Communication using SSH
- Securing Data with Encryption
- Work with TTY
- Set up SFTP to Chroot Jail only for Specific Group
- Secure a Linux Terminal and Implement Logging Services
- Boot the System
- Configure UFW and DenyHosts
- Compress Data Using Various Tools and Utilities
- Process Text Streams using Filters
- Basic Network Troubleshooting
- Use Streams Pipes and Redirects
- Perform CPU Monitoring and Configuration
- Perform Memory Monitoring and Configuration
- Perform Process Monitoring
- Modify Process Execution Priorities
- Manage File and Directory Permissions
- Access the Linux System
- Configure the Inheritance and Group Memberships
- Patch the System
- Working with the Environment Variables
- Shells, Scripting and Data Management
- Customize or Write Simple Scripts
- Configure Permissions on Files and Directories
- Work with PKI
How to Access
How to Access Registration instructions will be sent via email after your purchase is complete.
You may then login anytime at https://comptialabs.practice-labs.com/login.aspx
About CompTIA Linux+
The new CompTIA Linux+ is for the IT pro who will use Linux to manage everything from cars and smartphones to servers and supercomputers, as a vast number of enterprises use Linux in cloud, cybersecurity, mobile and web administration applications.
CompTIA Linux+ is the only job-focused Linux certification covering the latest foundational skills demanded by hiring managers. Unlike other certifications, the new exam includes performance-based and multiple-choice questions to identify the employees who can do the job. The exam covers tasks associated with all major distributions of Linux, setting the foundation for advanced vendor/distro-specific knowledge.
The new exam has an increased focus on the following topics: security, kernel modules, storage & visualization, device management at an enterprise level, git & automation, networking & firewalls, server side & command line, server (vs. client-based) coverage, troubleshooting and SELinux.
For the latest information on the new CompTIA Linux+ exam, please visit https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/linux