CompTIA PenTest+ (PT0-002) Exam Prep Bundle
Exam Voucher Details
- Vouchers are non-refundable and non-returnable.
- One voucher is applicable towards one exam at an authorized CompTIA Test Service Provider.
- All vouchers, including any retakes, are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase unless otherwise noted.
- You must register and take your exam prior to the voucher expiration date.
- Voucher expiration dates cannot be extended under any circumstances.
- Certification exam retirement dates supersede voucher expiration dates. CompTIA may retire certifications and corresponding exams prior to voucher expiration dates.
- Visit the CompTIA website for certification exam information, including exam launch and retirement dates.
- Vouchers are country and currency restricted.
Exam Retake Details
- For voucher purchases that include a retake, if you fail the exam on your first attempt use the same voucher to register and retake the exam.
- All vouchers, including any retakes, expire 12 months from the date of purchase, unless otherwise noted.
- The retake is only valid for the same exam version that you failed. You cannot use the retake for a different version of the exam.
Additional Order Information
- Order information will be emailed within 3 - 4 hours from purchase.
- You will receive two emails. The first email will be your order confirmation and the second email will include your exam voucher, the voucher expiration date and voucher terms and conditions. Check your spam, junk and promotional folders.
Redeeming Your Voucher
- Redeem your voucher to schedule your CompTIA certification exam on the Pearson VUE website.
Designed for self-paced learners, this book covers all the latest PenTest+ (PT0-002) exam objectives and is packed with informative and accessible content. Includes the following:
- Content aligned to work in the real world - Lessons refer to functional areas within the job role while Topics relate to discrete job tasks
- Review questions at the end of each topic to confirm understanding
- Comprehensive glossary with important terms and acronyms
What You’ll Learn
The Official CompTIA PenTest+ Study Guide (PT0-002) has been developed by CompTIA for the CompTIA certification candidate. Rigorously evaluated by third party subject matter experts to validate adequate coverage of the PenTest+ exam objectives, the Official CompTIA PenTest+ Study Guide teaches the essential skills and information required for the CompTIA certification exam (PT0-002).
After reading the text you will be able to:
- Scope organizational/customer requirements
- Define the rules of engagement
- Footprint and gather intelligence
- Evaluate human and physical vulnerabilities
- Prepare the vulnerability scan
- Scan logical vulnerabilities
- Analyze scanning results
- Avoid detection and covering tracks
- Exploit the LAN and Cloud
- Test wireless networks
- Target mobile devices
- Attack specialized systems
- Web application-based attacks
- Perform system hacking
- Script and software development
- Leverage the attack: pivot and penetrate
- Communicate during the PenTesting process
- Summarize report components
- Recommend remediation
- Perform post-report delivery activities
Accessing the eBook
eBooks are delivered through the Official CompTIA Self-Paced Study Guide eReader. This platform gives browser-based access to the full content with bookmarking, search, and annotation features. You will receive an access key and full instructions for accessing the platform within 3-4 hours of purchase.
Access keys must be redeemed within 12 months of purchase
Pub. Date: 2021-10-26
Author(s): Lisa Bock, Henry Flefel, Phil Morgan, Rie Vainstein (NC-Expert)
What is CertMaster Practice?
CompTIA CertMaster Practice is an online knowledge assessment and training companion tool to help you prepare for your CompTIA certification exam. Featuring an adaptive question-first design, CertMaster Practice quickly assesses what you already know and what you still need to learn. For those topics where you need more support, CertMaster Practice provides personalized remediation and feedback. Once you’re ready, you can demonstrate your knowledge on a timed practice test complete with performance-based questions.
- Speed-up learning
- Increase retention
- Build confidence
Module 1: Planning and Scoping
Module 2: Information Gathering and Vulnerability Scanning
Module 3: Attacks and Exploits
Module 4: Reporting and Communication
Module 5: Tools and Code Analysis
- One CompTIA CertMaster Practice for PenTest+ (PT0-002) license
- Once activated, CertMaster Practice for PenTest+ (PT0-002) is valid for 12 months
How to Access CertMaster Practice
An access code and instructions will be sent after your purchase is complete.
You may then login anytime at https://certification.comptia.org/training/CertMaster/login
About CompTIA PenTest+
CompTIA PenTest+ is for cybersecurity professionals tasked with penetration testing and vulnerability management.
CompTIA PenTest+ is the most comprehensive and current exam covering all penetration testing stages. Unlike other penetration testing exams that only cover a portion of stages with essay questions and hands-on, PenTest+ uses both performance-based and knowledge-based questions to ensure all stages are addressed. PenTest+ is also the only exam on the market to include all aspects of vulnerability management. It not only covers hands-on vulnerability assessment, scanning, and analysis, but also includes planning, scoping, and managing weaknesses, not just exploiting them.
For the latest PenTest+ exam information regarding availability, version and pending retirement, please visit https://www.comptia.org/certifications/pentest